On Monday, I had two doctors I was supposed to see, but I was so exhausted I couldn’t bear the thought of the 20 minute (or more) waiting times. I went to the ER instead.
Although my hemoglobin and red blood counts were low, they weren’t low enough to warrant a transfusion. The ER doctor gave me a different type of anti-nausea medication and sent me home.
I showed up for chemo on Tuesday as scheduled. The oncologist decided I needed a break (wait, what?) and told me to come back on Monday. He also said he wanted me to have a PET scan on Friday.
The PET scan should show whether or not the radiation got rid of the tumor, which has been the hope all along. If it has, I don’t know whether the oncologist will have me finish the last three sessions or chemo or not. If it hasn’t, I suspect we’ll need a new plan.
I’m very nervous about the PET scan, but praying that the tumor is gone and I can begin to get my life back.